Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Time


summer.jpg



I could spend the next week seeking forgiveness for not blogging or make excuses why I haven't or just suck it up and move on. I'm taking the latter road because life is too short and with today being the last day of school I must get ready for what is ahead.

For as long as I can remember I've lived around a "school calendar". When I was a child, I lived for summer. I'd plod through the ten months and long for that last day of school. This carried on through college, marriage, child bearing and rearing, and now for the past 16 years working in a school. There is a beginning and an end. Today is the end. It will be a half day with closing ceremony at 10:30 and "Have a Great Summer" announced at 11:30am! Three days next week will wrap up the filing and paperwork but we can adorn jean shorts and sandals as we glide into the "dog days" of summer.

You will see me more around Grace in MarDo; I have a lot to share.

1 comment: