Thursday, February 23, 2012

Glances in Mardo

Three weeks ago I began "A Praying Life" ladies bible study. We have met twice and what a sweet time working through this book. We talked some last night about coming to him like little children; just as we are, messy, impulsive, and persistent. I shared with my friends how He met me this week.

Pinterest
A definite place of weakness and struggle are the ugly messages of my past that seem to haunt me at unexpected times.  On Tuesday as I was putting on the finishing touches of my outfit, hair and makeup, I took a final glance in the mirror, and out of the blue said, "Dorothy, you look beautiful". This isn't a typical conversation I have with myself.  As I drove to work I began reflecting on what I had said and how I needed to fill myself with messages of truth. The more I thought the more tears felt close to slipping out.

Each Tuesday and Thursday the Rhetoric staff meet for devotion and prayer. On this particular Tuesday I heard God speak to me through my principal. I don't really recall how he began but I heard the following words that God spoke to Jesus:

Mark 1: 11

And a voice came from Heaven: "You are my beloved Son: with you I am well pleased."

My heart felt pierced and the pent-up tears slipped down my cheeks; I knew these words were for me. My heavenly father loves and accepts me with His perfect love. 

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post yet! You are beautiful mom! Even when you had NO HAIR you were beautiful! Believe those words! :) Love you

    PS: i like that bathroom picture... thats a pretty seagreen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy beat me to it, but no one can hear it too many times- you are beautiful, Dorothy, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete