Quite a messy job
These were the tools I used. The yellow plastic scraper was actually the best tool. The bigger tool was a $17 purchase designed for the removal of popcorn ceilings, it was ineffective and a waste of money.
It was actually not a difficult process but on the messy side!
The ceilings definitely look better but still need painting. The other thing that happened was the drywall tape that connected the ceiling and wall came loose and had to be pulled off leaving a gap between the ceiling and wall. We have three choices:
- reapply drywall tape, add more mud...etc
- try to caulk and hope it corrects the gap
- add crown molding which will cover the holes and any remaining tape and uneven areas.
We have decided to go with #3.
Tuesday the ceramic floor will be laid. We are making progress!