Saturday, February 25, 2012

Popcorn Removal

I love weekends! As I sit on my sofa typing away, it's only 6am and I'm on my second cup of coffee; I've been up since 4:30am. I just woke up and thought let's go ahead and begin this day. My objective for this day is related to POPCORN. No, not the kind you eat but the ugly ceilings sprayed with this speckled stuff they call " popcorn". In the 80's this was a popular finishing technique for ceilings. I personally think it was a lazy man's process instead of creating a smooth surface. Every ceiling in our home, except for our sunroom, has popcorn ceilings. Today's objective is to remove it in our Jack and Jill. I searched a You Tube video and learned the technique; I hope it's as easy as it looks. Here is the before picture of  what I'm talking about.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yippeee! Mom I'm loving this progress! Cannot wait to see it all when its done! :)

    ReplyDelete